Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Dream Rides:- # 1

Question: Which is your DREAM car !
My answer: MANY.

Many; I mean, all of them hold a special and equally great place in my heart. I can visualize a different 'me' with each one of these. In fact, it will take time for me to really sum this list up. So I'll just go on posting the pictures of my dream rides as I go on dreaming about them.

1. TATA SIERRA 

This will forever be the number 1 on this list. This is my all time favorite vehicle. The strong aggressive stance, amazing road presence, and that huge rear window, sofa like back seat, sheer power, so on and so on. THE real all terrain king for me. I like it in Carbon Black/ Pure White.

I particularly loved its commercial in which a man comes from the office and parks his Tata Sierra in his porch and gets into the house. Then the vehicle goes by itself out on a muddy terrain and comes back in the porch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ogh44v6BeQ


2. Second of my choices will be a FORD MONDEO.
When I first read their slogan, when the car was launched in India, it caught hold of my heart. 'Hello Beauty; Hello Beast' was the tagline. I loved it. The car does full justice to this slogan. Its a powerhouse. A super sexy sedan which has got all the punch in the world. It was modestly priced but I don't know why it didn't do that well in India. I liked the older version but, the 2012 Mondeo is equally good. It is no more sold in India though.

I'd again like it in jet black color.


3. My third dream car is again a Ford. A cabriolet/Convertible Ford Mustang GT. I fancy driving a Sparkling Red / Sparkling Blue Mustang on a beach road tasting some fresh air. Power, Style, Appeal, I need not even talk about it when it is a Mustang.


I will continue with the rest of the list soon.

Happy Driving!

6 comments:

  1. Superlike!Mustang is really HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disclaimer: Just my opinions, m no expert here :P

    So, I liked the first and last choice. Especially the first one, Sierra had its own charm, was successful too. Not sure why they stopped manufacturing it. :-/ Rumour probably, but heard they sacrificed Sierra for Safari.

    It surprised me though Mondeo could be somebody's "dream car" :P. i think reason why probably it did not do well because, looks were not definitive, not targetting any particular class, or certain taste. Neither ugly, nor amazingly beautiful, not agressive looking, no smiley grill like that of indica/indigo, not even status statement made like for benz/bmw for example, priced suspciously low, also better competition. Ford was just entering Indian market back then if I am not mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to read your comment Vedhas. You are right.. it was Safari replacing Sierra. Safari is good in it's own way. Sierra is better in it's own.

      No comments about Mustang.

      Mondeo; well all your observations are true. But the car had something so cool, that it got my heart hooked on to. It is Solid. It isn't about smiley grill; no no. It is about the raw power, the stance, the killer looks. Well, that's why it is number 2 in my list. Speaking about your surprise, well, your 'surprise' is no 'surprise' to me. It can surprise anyone. But my tastes are like THAT; and I cannot really explain or justify this. So; thanks. :)

      Delete
  3. You just made the right choices, AJ. :) Fortunately, one of your dream cars is included on my list of dream cars too. Hehe Have you seen the 2013 Ford Mustang GT? If I'm not mistaken the base price of this car is valued at around $30k+.

    Leisa Dreps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! Well thats attractive. Congrats on owning one. I will probably buy it 5 years down the line. I don't know. But surely one day.

      :) Thanks for visiting and commenting Leisa.

      Delete